All right. Still no sign of anything from Disney World, but thanks to Megan for posting a question. Since I only got the one question, I will devote my entire blog this time to her question. Megan asked what I'm looking forward to doing if (when?) I go down to Florida. Instead of telling one thing, though, I'm going to create a top ten list in no particular order. Here we go!
1) Eat a Dole Whip. For those who aren't in the know, Dole Whips are a brand of ice cream native to the Magic Kingdom and the Polynesian Resort. From the reports I've read they aren't to be missed!
2) Drink Beverly in Epcot. I know what you're thinking, "But Shane, Beverly is the most vile beverage on the face of the planet." That may be true, but the way I see it, after drinking something so bad, other drinks will taste all the better.
3) Ride the Jungle Cruise. This is by far my favorite attraction in the parks. I could probably ride this every day and not get tired.
4) Live in Disney! Seriously, how could people not want to actually live in Disney!
5) Network. I want to actually have a job in the parks one day, so this could be the best way to get my foot in the door.
6) Meet tons of new people. I would love to meet all the people down there from across the country.
7) Explore the World Showcase. I have been down to Disney World twice, but both times I was not able to fully explore this part of Epcot like it deserves. With all the time I'll have down there, I should have no problem accomplishing this.
8) Exploring the rest of Orlando. I really don't know much about what there is to do around Orlando, but I want to find out. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
9) Experience the parts of Disney World that a lot of people don't get to. This may seem a little vague, but I hear that CPers get to explore the different resorts as well as the parks at their own pace, which most tourists can't do.
10) Being able to brag to all my friends that I work at Disney World! Hey, what can I say. Maybe it makes me a bad person, but I do look forward this.
There you have it. All this being said, though, there are a lot of things that I am NOT looking forward to. I will really miss my family, friends, and my girlfriend here in South Dakota and chances are I will not be able to travel back to see them during the program. I'll just have to learn to deal with this, however and take it a day at a time.
Once again, please send me questions, comments, suggestions, whatever you want. Also, I have received notification that some people may be having trouble determining who I am on Facebook. My name is Shane Gunn and my profile picture is the same picture I have here. Well, until next time, have a great day!